Tuesday 6 December 2011

Genre; codes and conventions and how it relates to my title sequence

Research into title sequences of the genre you are making. Look for codes & conventions and any stylistic elements that you may want to employ in your own sequence?



For my title sequence I have decided to have an element of James Bond as my title sequence is called Cold Fusion and is devised as a mysterious assassin sequence that follows the journey of a micro chip. I think that having the essense of animation and playing cards would be a good idea as it will allow the title sequence give the audience an understanding of the particular genre of the film alongside not giving too much of the narrative and story away to viewers.

In addition I am extremely inspired by the idea of viewing the title sequence from a sniper rifle scope prospective and therefore solidifies the genre and entails there will be elements of action.




As one of my favourite triologies of films the Oceans series has been one of the main inspirations to create a action/spy title sequence as this specific title sequence displays the on-screen names extremely suttley as they appear in objects like slot machines and bank vaults. I think that using elements of the James Bond title sequence alongside the the Oceans eleven sequence will be extremely effective as I will have the suttleness of the names appearing with an interesting voyage of a micro chip which is of the main significance.

No comments:

Post a Comment